The Cape Elizabeth Capers have qualified for the 2017 Class B State Tournament, finishing with a 12-5-1 record and an impressive third place finish. The Capers, who finished behind #1 Gardiner and #2 York, will host a first round preliminary game on Monday, February 27th. The puck will drop at 4:00 p.m. at Troubh Ice Arena and the Capers will square off against defending B South champion Yarmouth.

The Capers were victorious over Yarmouth twice in the regular season, both matches decided by a goal. The Capers edged the Clippers on February 2nd in overtime, when Phil Tarling scored the decisive goal in a 4-3 win. The two teams met again on February 21st, this time with the contest decided in action-packed regulation time, 3-2. The teams last met in the playoffs in 2013, a preliminary game in which Yarmouth hosted. The Capers were victorious on that night as well, by a final count of 4-3.

The winner of this game will advance to play York in the second round.

Comments

02/25/2017 5:08am

Wow! Congratulations to the Capers! They are actually my favorite player. I am so happy that they won. But I am sad that I couldn't make it on Monday. I can't come because it's my mother's birthday. Please video them on Monday and post it here. Thank you!

Wow, really!? To be honest, I did not expect it. My grand father is ones an athlete in this organization. He use to share lots of his experiences and that was the very reason I was a fan of your team. Please keep it up. I am praying always for the success of the team. Go and fight!

04/04/2017 2:29am

Congratulations on getting into the class B state tournament. The tournament will surely be tough to win with all the opponent that train on this day. I hope you train very hard and have some determination to win of the tournament. I wish I can watch your tournament, but I don't have time in watching this kind of things. I wish you a good luck and I hope that his team will win this the tournament.

Congratulations Cape Elizabeth Capers! I believe that you will win again this time. You guys have an excellent teamwork and dedication to your game. I love playing hockey too. Just enjoy the game and the game will do the rest! Don't forget to pray before the start of the game.

04/06/2017 12:17am

Good writer will always give the best reading for the reader. Like the way you write...

04/10/2017 8:13am

Thanks for this information... Love to read your articles.

05/29/2017 2:23am

Nothing to say but great web! I can get so many things from here. Thank you.

10/10/2017 12:14am

Better luck to play more better in post season.

10/10/2017 12:46am

That qualification would increase their morale.

Comments are closed.